Monday, May 30, 2011

Another failed attempt! Grrrr

I am so disappointed today. And NOT just because of waking up so late (I woke up at nearly half past 3 in the afternoon for God sake, and I was supposed to go to the bank today but due to waking up so effin late, I hate to cancel huh!), it is because of my failed attempt of cooking ayam masak merah today. :(

As usual, I will cook on Mondays and my housemates will cook on the other weekdays of the week except Friday. So when it comes to Sunday, I will always have the hard time on wondering and thinking of what should I cook for tomorrow. And it doesn't help it despite the fact that I would sometimes (okay, make it lots of times) forgot that the next day would be Monday and I was supposed to cook on that day. And hence, the thinking cap is on again to work on what should I cook for dinner..

And yeah, I didn't have that much time to put on my so called thinking cap today as for waking up so late. After rushing for a shower, I entered the kitchen at nearly 4pm and started to dice onions and garlic and vegetables and such. I even brought my laptop to the kitchen to refer to the recipe of Ayam Masak Merah, which was chosen in a rush and because the dish is one of my favourite dishes in the world and I am craving for it as well. I intend on finish cooking at 5pm because my roommate is fasting today so the break fast is at 5.20 or something, so I wanted to finish before then.

But to make the long story short, it failed. This is the first time I tried my hands on spices and put it in my cooking, and I think that I put too much soy sauce in it and maybe needed just a bit more of blended dried chillies and less onions. Well, damage has been done. Housemates were very sweet and kind about it so I'm very grateful for that haha. But still..
This is NOT the masak merah that I cooked. It is just some random photo that I Googled just now. The colour of the masak merah that I cooked just now was so much darker than this. Most probably the result of too much soy sauce. -_-

I'm craving for ayam masak merah pengilan style! Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment